Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carter Kustera Silhouettes. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I love Carter Kustera's fun new modern take on silhouettes. They're dramatic, colorful and just plain fun. I especially love the "fun fact" on each person and the fact that he includes the family pet? I'm sold.





What I'm not so sold on though is $150 and up price for each unframed portrait. It isn't that they are not worth it. If I was independently wealthy these would be hanging in my living room over the console right now. So while I lust for and covet them I just can't bring myself to buy them. I worry and fret that I might grow tired of them and with that price tag I'd feel bad putting them away if (when) I'd grow tired of them or wanted to change things up. I searched the web and found several diy step by step tutorials. You see, coming from a long line of creative and crafty women I suffer from a special kind of delusion. I find something I love and convince myself that I can do it better and/or for less myself. In this case, I may not be able to do it better but I can definitely do it for less and I think the fact that I make them myself might make them more special. I'm putting this project on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment